The Administration on Aging AGing Integrated Database (AGID) is an on-line query system based on Administration for Community Living (ACL)-related data files and surveys, and includes population characteristics from the Census Bureau for comparison purposes. Different options through AGID provide different levels of focus and aggregation of the data.
To facilitate more detailed analysis, this section of AGID provides access to ACL-related survey databases and special tabulations. Additional files will be added in future releases of the site. Downloadable files include:
- Data files in XLS and XLSX format
- Data files in CSV/ASCII format
- Data files in SAS transport format for users who want to use SAS to process the data
- Codebooks containing variable listings and unweighted and weighted frequencies (PDF and HTML)
- Documentation files containing technical information on data collection, use of the data, and, when applicable, information on survey sampling and weights
- Survey instruments
- SAS programming statements to assist users with loading, labeling and formatting the data files
The site also provides access to the American Community Survey (ACS) Special Tabulation on Aging, which is based on the Census Bureau’s American Community Survey 2008-2012 data. The survey includes over 60 tables for each of the 50 states, the District of Columbia, Puerto Rico, and the American Indian, Alaska Native, and Native Hawaiian areas.
In addition, the site provides access to the National Survey of Older Americans Act (OAA) Participants is a collection of annual national surveys conducted by ACL of recipients of select Title III services. Their purpose is to obtain performance outcome measurement information.
Lastly, the site provides access to the the 2005/2006 National Survey of Area Agencies on Aging(AAAs).
Are you using this data source? Share your experience with it by leaving a reply below!